Ian joined the company in October 2020 bringing a wealth of experience and skills to the maintenance and small works estimating department. Ian has worked in the position of reactive maintenance QS since 1998 with Garside and Laycock, which then migrated into SPIE in 2012 and then TRIOS in 2020. Ian’s experience working with a company that grew to be part of a large corporate business will stand him in good stead to collaborate with the team to propose new ways and ideas.
We are seeking an experienced building fabric estimator with energy, high standards, and a flexible approach. Ideal applicants will need a good knowledge of all aspects of building and the experience of working in commercial and retail environments. We expect this role to be mainly office based here at our offices although there will be times where travel will be required to occasionally visit sites and attend meetings with clients. Our expectation is for this individual to be used to working in a fast-paced environment producing a high number of relatively small value quotes to our various clients. These will have to be done in various formats as per the client’s expectations as well on our own bespoke system. Another key part of this role will be following up on the prices submitted using our powerful reporting system and building relationships with our clients by obtaining feedback and developing trends. The successful Estimator will have:
• Proven experience of working in a Building Maintenance environment across multiple trades with experience of commercial/retail contracts.
• Technical building knowledge of working methods, practices, procedures, processes, regulations, and legislation.
• Knowledge of the materials and methods used in the construction and building maintenance industry.
• As well as the estimator’s ability we also consider the personality to be just as important. We are looking for people to join our expanding organisation that will share our vision for the business as well as their own personal development.
• Must hold a full clean driving license.
• Job Type: Full-time.
Salary will depend on experience and value that can be added to the business.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0333 414 1967 for more information.